Reading: Jeremiah 28-30, 1 John 3
S: Jeremiah 29:11 "For I KNOW the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm, plans to give you hope & a future".
1 John 3:1 How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!
1 John 3:19 This then is how we know that we belong to the truth, and how we set our hearts at REST in His presence whenever our hearts condemn us.
O: While the Israelites were in exile for 70 years under the yoke of Babylon, the Lord spoke the promises (Jer 29:11) to them that His plans for them are good! The Lord brought judgment upon them because of their continuous willful disobedience yet His love remains for them as He tells the exiles to live abundantly in the foreign land (build houses & settle down, marry and have children).
A: I am yet again reminded of my Father's great love lavished on me that I undoubtedly inherit all of my Father's blessings, promises and love! I have FULL confidence that He will never leave me because He cannot lie. There is no better place to be than to be at the centre of His will that even in 'exile', His purpose for us is to give us hope, a future and to prosper us.
P: My Father, I love You. Thank You for Your great love for me that You would adopt me into Your family and thus having the privilege of inheriting all Your promises and love. Father, as my heart condemns me, I shall rest in Your presence as Your embrace is the safest place to be. In Jesus' name, Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment